I guess classics never die after all. Developers at & Silverstring Media & Phantom Compass just announced a new module for the Enhanced Edition of Bioware’s 2002 CRPG Neverwinter Nights. Titled Dark Dreams of Furiae, the module features a brand new storyline offering 10 hours of solo and co-op gameplay.
Set in the planar city of Furiae on the edge of hell, Dark Dreams of Furiae coincides directly with the official Dungeons & Dragons tabletop campaign, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus.
In the fallen city of Furiae, ruled by devils and despots, a quiet war wages for the hearts and minds of the people. Into this chaos, a new arcane substance is smuggled: worldwine. Worldwine is deadly to devils, and turns mortals into dream-addled fanatics.
As a mortal of Furiae, you have a vested interest in this new operation. Could worldwine serve as a tool against the oppressive regime? Or will a passive populace simply succumb to their rule? What dark forces hide beneath the city, feeding on the dreams of the afflicted? Fight to save a damned city in this planar mystery adventure…
- 10 hours of brand new gameplay for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
- Solo and co-op play
- Original Music Score
- Takes characters from level 5 to level 8
- Time is of the essence: day/night cycle marches on; your choices bring new events
- Daily news sheet adapts to your decisions and gives adventure clues
- Based on the Planescape D&D campaign setting
- Events coincide with official D&D tabletop campaign, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus
The Dark Dreams of Furiae DLC is coming soon to Steam, GOG and the Beamdog Store.