The Season One of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is dropping in hot on December 16, and it’s bringing with it a brand new Warzone map! This map will host a lower player count than Verdansk, but expect intense, close-quarter action in this new battle royale experience -jump in with your friends as Trios or Quads. The Gulag experience has also been revamped – with two new arenas awaiting you in your afterlife, a second chance at getting back into the game is never too far!
Treyarch game designer Tony Flame said on Twitter that the new season will “shake up the meta”.
Season 1 drop date Dec 16 includes a gameplay tuning pass for Weapons and more. After all, it's been nearly a month since Launch: time to shake the meta up for the Holidays. https://t.co/X8ZlvzpEfl
— Tony Flame (@Tony_Flame) December 10, 2020
The lore is pretty deep rooted into the story of Cold War – Vikhor “Stitch” Kuzmin, leader of Perseus’s hitmen, is on a mission to settle personal scores with CIA agent Russell Adler. The Rebirth Island, originally known as Vozrozhdeniya, is the secret manufacturing base for the WWII era chemical weapon Nova 6. This island was also featured in one of the single-player campaign levels of Cold War.
- Vikhor “Stitch” Kuzmin
- Wyatt “Bulldozer” Jones
- Zeyna Ossou
- MAC 10 (SMG)
- Groza (Assault Rifle)
- Streetsweeper (Shotgun)
- Sledgehammer (Melee)
- Wakizashi (Melee)
New multiplayer modes that are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War:
- Gunfight (2v2)
- Prop Hunt (6v6)
- Dropkick (6v6)
- Combined Arms: Hardpoint (12v12)
- The Pines
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday
- Game Show
- Jingle Hells
The best news for all COD fans? The progression system is now linked and synchronized across all three games – Modern Warfare, Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. Playing anywhere now counts towards your player and Battle Pass progression.
- Play in Black Ops Cold War and/or Warzone and earn Battle Pass XP to unlock Tiers in the Season One Battle Pass.
- Play in Modern Warfare earn Battle Pass XP to unlock Tiers in the Season One Battle Pass, though these Battle Pass rewards are only accessible in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- Use Black Ops Cold War weapons and gain Weapon XP in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone.
- Use Modern Warfare weapons and gain Weapon XP in either Modern Warfare or Warzone.
- Earn XP in Warzone or Modern Warfare to increase your Season Levels and Prestige in Black Ops Cold War.
With over 80 million downloads for Warzone, and the Call of Duty franchise generating over $3 billion in revenue in 2020, Activision and Treyarch seem committed to provide long term support for the games.
For more details, check out the official blogpost. If you are interested in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, check out our in-depth review by IndianNoob. Remember our coverage of the Halloween limited-time mode The Haunting of Verdansk for Warzone? Keep coming back to Gameffine for more exciting news like these!