Green Hell, the super-immersive survival game set in the harsh Amazon forests is finally exiting Steam Early Access on Sept 5, 2019, roughly one year after its early access debut. But wait, there’s more. Developer Creepy Jar has announced that Green Hell will ship with a new story mode that will test your sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time in search for your lost love in the depths of the Amazon.
The developers have also released a story mode teaser that you can watch below:
Creepy Jar has also implemented a number of changes and fixes to coincide with the 1.0 launch update. See a list of the major additions below;
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions:
● Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
● New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore.
● Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
● New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
● New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
● Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
● Custom Game Settings – Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.