Star Drifters studio’s debut production – a strategy game that uniquely combines RTS, 4X and god sim elements – is available today on Steam.
After 1,5 years in Early Access, Driftland: The Magic Revival, the game awaited by many fans of strategy genre is finally released. It already drew some attention, winning Best PC Game at Barcelona Games World, Best Indie Game at Poznan Game Arena, and official selection at events such as GDC 2019 (European Game Showcase), Quo Vadis 2018, PAX West 2018 and Nordic Game.
Driftland is a unique fusion of RTS, 4X strategy and god-sim genres in a fantasy world made of a scattered world. The player takes on the role of a powerful mage-ruler capable of moving and reshaping parts of the planet. Both game mechanics and history are based on an innovative concept of dynamic topography and issuing orders to individuals with free will.
Watch the release trailer below:
“We would like to thank our enormous community for their comments and suggestions’, said Michał Sokolski, the creator of the game. ‘If it wasn’t for them, Driftland would have been a completely different game. We create games for players, so the fact that they could decide which way to go in such a wide range of possibilities was crucial for us”.
The full version of the game allows you to play the role of a powerful mage in new modes – multiplayer and two brand new campaigns. The fourth campaign will become available to all game owners shortly after its release.
“We wanted all strategy games fans to find in Driftland something interesting for each and one of them. So there are intertwined feature campaigns or there is a single game mode in which you can define its gameplay conditions. There is also a multiplayer mode in which you can compete with others”, says Michał Sokolski.
Driftland: The Magic Revival is produced by Star Drifters, a studio founded by Michał Sokolski and Krzysztof Jakubowski. Earlier, they both had a big share in the success of Sniper: Ghost Warrior from City Interactive (CI Games), but they originally come from the independent games market, where they developed games under the label of Tatanka studio.
“The industry has changed a lot, but it’s great to be indie again”, laughs Krzysztof Jakubowski. ‘”We hope that Driftland will add its contribution to the revival of real-time strategy games. A colourful and very original contribution.'”
- Build a kingdom you want to rule – city building and upgrades of buildings, expanding their capabilities – economic, military or magical power
- Dynamic topography – Move and terraform floating islands of the shattered planet
- Get to know the rich lore – 4 different races with unique skills, each one speaking their own language. 4 points of view on the Driftland’s story. One player to bring them all and in the darkness bind… oh, you know the drill.
- Many paths of progress – Economy, Warfare, and Magic upgrades purchased for progress points
- Economy is the key – Resources, population, and magic-based economy
- Don’t forget about the diplomacy – Reputation system, alliances, wars and everything in between
- Face various victory conditions – Extermination, Domination, Expansion
- Give your citizens the orders – Setting goals instead of micro-managing of the units
- Development of units – Units have names, gain EXP, level up, and unique skills
- Flying units – Enhancing units by taming and bonding them with flying beasts incl. dragons or build Dwarven aerial machines
- Game Modes – Skirmish, 4 intertwining Campaigns, and Multiplayer
Driftland: The Magic Revival is available for purchase for ₹ 699 or US$ 29.99 on Steam.