Sigur Studio has announced that Repressed, the puzzle adventure where you play as a shadow will launch on Steam on September 26th this year.
Watch the Repressed Release Date Announcement trailer below and see for yourself what it’s like to be a shadow;
Dealing with trauma is a long and difficult process. To reach your goal, there are many steps to take, often small ones. But the most important step is the first – asking for help. Play as a shadow and recollect all of your memories that have gotten stuck in the depths of your subconscious. Collect objects and encounter situations that will help you experience your past with more awareness. Stay open-minded and get as much as you can from this extraordinary adventure.
Add the game to your Steam wishlist (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127820/Repressed/) to get notified as soon as the game launches.
ABOUT THE GAME
Want to explore your memories? Repressed is a puzzle-adventure game that allows you to do just that. Embark on an incredible journey inside your mind with guidance from someone offering a helping hand. Find answers to the questions that have bothered you for ages. Navigate the maze we call memory and ease your mind in the process. Be careful though – not all memories are worth revisiting.
In Repressed, you play as the shadow of your own persona as you delve into your memories. The shadow needs light to exist, and darkness is its biggest enemy. Explore the space around you, build, solve puzzles, and control light to find the right path and discover your story. Prepare for a game that’s unlike anything you’ve played before.
- Set off on an extraordinary, symbolic journey – stay open-minded, revisit your memories, but be warned that not all of them are worth remembering.
- Experience the true meaning of “moving like a shadow” – forget all the rules of movement that other games have taught you and look at the world from an entirely new perspective.
- Collect pieces of your memory – rebuild the past from scraps of memory buried deep in your mind.
- Enjoy a unique aesthetic – the unusual graphics will keep you immersed in this remarkable world while you focus on exploring your memories.
- See how real-life art can inspire game developers – an Etruscan sculpture, Ombra Della Sera, and artists such as Adolphe Appia, Josef Svoboda, Yannis Kokkos, Frank Miller, and James Turrell inspired the creators of Repressed to bring this game to life.
- Listen to a one-of-a-kind, disturbing yet addictive soundtrack – immerse yourself in the game world while listening to a unique soundtrack composed by Bogdan Mizerski.