Today, Novaquark announced that the interplanetary exploration and civilization-building MMO tools of Dual Universe are now in the hands of every user who previously supported the game during its 2016 Kickstarter funding campaign. Bringing the game’s population to over 11,000 players – including each and every one of their past Kickstarter backers, as promised – Novaquark is blowing the hangar bay doors off their regularly-scheduled play sessions to celebrate, kicking off the longest continuous play session to date.
Running from December 20, 2018 to January 7, 2019, the Dual Universe community will have more time than ever before to explore the stars and create to their hearts’ content, giving back to the game’s dedicated players who have already set out to create a sci-fi universe worth exploring and celebrating the game’s Alpha launch earlier this month. From fleets of space-worthy ships to hoverbikes, all the way over to an intergalactic representation of one of Earth’s most recognizable fast food joints, Dual Universe’s community lies at the heart of its successes.
Plus, encouraging the community to flex their creative muscles over the course of this massive 2+ week play session, Novaquark is also kicking off a tournament to crown the community’s greatest ship-builders. Leveraging Dual Universe’s flexible voxel-based creation tools, players are encouraged to build the ship of their dreams, fitting into one of two size categories – 16 meters and 32 meters – before the contest ends on January 12, 2019.
If Dual Universe’s outpost-building community contest is any indication, the universe is about to see a serious influx of sleek, functional rides – thanks in part to full LUA coding, built directly into the game. While this may mark the end of a wildly exciting 2018 for Novaquark, it also signifies yet another step forward in the developer’s ambitious roadmap, which extends through launch in 2020. Be sure to stay tuned for even more exciting updates to kick off the new year!
Dual Universe is available now in its Alpha 1 phase, with Alpha 2 slated to arrive in the first half of 2019. For the latest updates on all things Dual Universe, visit the official website, and follow the game on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Reddit, and YouTube. In addition to being the 3rd biggest worldwide video game Kickstarter of 2016, it earned over one million dollars in funding on both Kickstarter and its official website, and boasts a vibrant community of over 10,000 backers and almost 2,000 in-game organization communities.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (work in progress): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.