Publisher Merge Games, alongside indie development team Still Running, give a fresh look into their ‘Horrorpunk’ action RPG Morbid: The Seven Acolytes with a multitude of Gamescom details and video content! With showcases across both the Future Games Show and IGN’s Gamescom Studio, players eagerly anticipating the brutal isometric action-RPG receive a deep dive into some of the features ahead of this year’s release.
With new insights delivered by Composer, Sound Designer and Writer Simo Talasranta – Still Running weigh in on some of what players can expect when they immerse themselves in the world of Mornia later this year, and we’re also revealing a new teaser highlighting what makes Morbid the most gruesome take on the isometric souls-like genre yet.
Watch All-new Gameplay and Dev Commentary From the Future Games Show:
Watch More New Gameplay and Commentary From IGN’s Gamescom Studio:
Filled with Lovecraftian horrors and Cronenbergian gore, players will be able to explore a diverse fantasy world. Morbid fuses epic boss encounters and rich RPG mechanics allowing you to level up your character and tailor your own playstyle, alongside a stunning fully orchestrated soundtrack.
Discover an abundance of lore through the world’s characters and NPCs as players explore and face off in challenging combat encounters across stunning open environments. Get ready to unearth the secrets of Morbid: The Seven Acolytes when the game launches on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC later this year!
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Uncover perks called Blessings of Magratheus which players can use to level up, giving them flexibility to build a character to match their playstyle
- Deep, immersive lore with NPCs to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well as several guns ranging from Crossbows, Shotguns, and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised of 19 tracks
- Health, Stamina, and Sanity management is important as players traverse the world