If you didn’t get the reference in the title, ol’ Caleb will want to have a word with you. Iratus: Lord of the Dead, the Darkest Dungeon inspired RPG has finally received a release date. Iratus, voiced by the iconic Stephan Weyte (look up Blood voice lines) will grace your computer screens on July 24, courtesy of Steam Early Access.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead is described as a dark and challenging, turn-based RPG where you play as an evil necromancer escaping from prison. Wielding an array of occult powers that would make the most talented conjurers recoil in terror, Iratus can use the blood, guts, bones, and souls of vanquished enemies to create monstrous pawns to serve as his own personal army. With four different skill trees to master (Alchemy, Magic, Ire, and Destruction) and nearly 100 different minion skills to unlock, players will have plenty of options to defeat their foes in turn-based combat and the giant dungeon overworld.
Challenging turn-based battles are a matter of life and (un)death in Iratus. When defeated minions perish in battle they vanish from the game forever, so you will need to proceed carefully in the gameworld and learn the strengths and weaknesses of all enemies faced in order to succeed.
- Develop and improve your below ground lair with necromantic powers.
- Craft undead minions with the body parts of dead enemies.
- Advanced fighting system: Know your enemies’ strong points and weak spots to achieve victory.
- Turn-based battle system with up to 50 original minion’s talents.
- Intelligent enemy AI, challenging even experienced RPG-strategists.
- Three types of necromancer talents for gameplay: alchemy, magic talents, or tactical skills.
- Raid into enemy territory full of danger and surprises.
- Irreversible consequences. Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Detailed stylized 2D graphics in the spirit of dark fantasy.
- Detailed skeletal animation made with Spine.
- Designed by Oles Ivanchenko: Well-known videoblogger, RPG mechanics specialist, and the author of one of the most influential manuals for Darkest Dungeons.
- Voiced by S Weyte (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Party 8, Blood and Metroid: Other M).