3D Realms and Voidpoint revived Ken Silverman’s iconic Build engine when they released Ion Fury for PC last year. The same technology that powered Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood and Redneck Rampage gave us the most complex and detailed retro shooter with Ion Fury. The console port was originally supposed to release last year but got pushed back. Voidpoint and 3D Realms confirmed yesterday that Ion Fury will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch soon.
Soon on a console near you – but not too near, and wash your hands. pic.twitter.com/awcAuwhvLc
— PHANTOM FURY (@Bombshell_Game) April 20, 2020
No exact release date has been specified but we’re willing to bet that the badass shooter will make its way to consoles this year itself.
Ion Fury Features
- The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
- Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
- Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
- A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
- An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
- The classic ’90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
- ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format
- Easy access on to level editor and other development tools on day one, plus Steam Workshop support