New World Interactive and Focus Home Interactive have announced six more months of free content for Insurgency: Sandstorm on PC, outlined in today’s roadmap. Much of this content is possible thanks to the fantastic community support, with much of what’s planned coming directly from player feedback and multiple surveys.
Starting July this year, the six months of free content includes the following major additions (order of release is TBD):
- Level editor and tools – mod support is coming!
- Two new maps – includes a snow map and another yet to be revealed
- Night versions of maps – this includes the release of special nighttime equipment
- New weapons and equipment – toggleable optics, mini-shotgun attachments and more are planned, along with others based on post-launch community surveys
- Hardcore ruleset across all modes – the option for hardcore rulesets will be made available to every game mode
- PvP Frontline & Co-op Outpost game modes – these two new game modes were chosen in Sandstorm’s first community survey. Frontline features two teams in a tug-of-war over multiple objectives to reach and destroy their enemy’s weapon cache. Outpost allows players to go on the defensive at randomized locations against waves of enemy AI.
- New character customization – many more cosmetics will be added, for both Insurgent and Security teams.
All this and more are aimed for release this year. For more information on the above additions and updates, have a read of the Roadmap Community Updateby lead game designer Michael Tsarouhas.