With 4,091 backers, $143,239 already collected, and 6 stretch goals unlocked, there are still 4 more days to go! Gamedec is already in the top 3 most successful Polish Kickstarter campaigns for games and is on its way to the $170,000 milestone that will add partial voice overs to the game.
Not $50,000, not $100,000, but almost three times as much as the initial goal. Gamedec has started its final Kickstarter lap, and with the campaign ending in 4 days, it’s already another crowdfunding hit from Poland.
One final push from gamers is still needed to make sure partial voice overs will be added to the game. In the end, a great detective always looks for as many clues as possible. A huge number of them are given by suspects themselves, and those can be an expression, stance, or just the tone of their voice. That is why Anshar Studios’ developers decided to give each of their non-playable characters a voice!
Reaching the stretch goal of $170,000 will unlock a partially voiced game. Each NPC will have a set of lines. While not all dialogs will be recorded, the developers want to give gamers an insight into the nature of NPCs with whom they’ll be interacting with. However, it will of course still leave room for imagination to paint the interaction the way players feel it should be. But just like in old school RPGs, sometimes it only takes a few sentences, a few idiosyncrasies, to completely understand what kind of person you are dealing with.
More details about this stretch goal can be found in an update on the Kickstarter page available HERE.
Gamedec is an authentic RPG experience where every decision is important and comes with consequences. The world you live in always adapts to the decisions you make. As the story progresses, your hero adapts as well. Just like in “real” life, the consequences of your choices can be immediate, long-term, or stay hidden, surfacing only when you least expect it. Whatever you decide, the game will remain neutral, neither judging your choices nor suggesting “better” options. It’s up to you to evaluate what you’ve done, bearing in mind that you are the sum of your choices.
Anshar Studios returns to the foundations of the RPG genre. Their new game is built on mechanics like Deduction, a Codex, and Aspects. These allow for complex conversations and interactions as players create or expose networks of conspiracies while discovering unusual relationships between virtual worlds. Gamedec’s pen-and-paper based RPG mechanics give players the freedom to approach situations from multiple perspectives.
- Interact with NPCs to gather intel and access different dialogue options depending on your choices, developed profession and acquired knowledge.
- Visit numerous virtual worlds – from the deceitful farm-like environment, through dark-noir cyberpunk realities to fantasy-based realms.
- Use your Codex and Deduction to unscramble facts and evidence to conclude the case. Find your own answer and respond accordingly to your own ethics, integrity or just a sense of poetic justice.
- Shape your Character through actions that grant positive or negative effects – Determine how to you want to be perceived by the other by selecting traits, which correspond to your gameplay style. Develop your own Gamedec through your decisions, choices, and actions.
- Meet various characters in both Realium and Virtualium that can be friendly, or hostile – depending on your decisions throughout the game.
Gamedec is currently in development and available for wishlisting on Steam.