After successful funding on Kickstarter and positive feedback gathered from the gamers during Closed Alpha tests, The Farm 51 developers are about to spread the radiation even further. Chernobylite, a sci-fi survival horror game bending the laws of nuclear physics, is on its way to your PCs through Steam Early Access and GOG with a price point set at 29.99 USD / 24.99 EUR / 23.99 GBP / 99 PLN. Check the new video showing how accurately developers re-created the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
Thanks to the great support and feedback from Kickstarter backers playing the Closed Alpha of Chernobylite in September, the game is already optimized and ready to be released in an Early Access version on Steam and GOG. The originally planned price of 36 USD, was not great, not terrible, but developers decided to lower it for much more affordable 29.99 USD. Furthermore, following the idea of non-exclusivity on publishing platforms, the Early Access will be released not only on Steam, but also on GOG through their “Games in Development” program.
After a few years working on an extremely accurate re-creation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, developers prepared a video comparing the real locations with their virtual counterparts. You’ll see there how precisely Pripyat and Chernobyl’s signature places have been digitized into game objects with the help of photogrammetry and other advanced 3D-scanning techniques implemented within their Reality 51 technology.
For a greater authenticity of the world setting, the initial release had all in-game dialogues recorded in Russian, with the help of voice actors from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro series before. The game is already subtitled in English and Russian, and the next languages (English and Ukrainian voices, subtitles in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, and more) will be added soon after the Early Access launch.
The full release is planned for the second half of 2020, so be sure to follow Chernobylite’s Steam (https://store.steampowered.
CHERNOBYLITE – MAIN FEATURES:
- Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story;
- Make good use of your physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against savage creatures pouring out from an alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance-analyzing tools.