Cosmos Invictus – a new sci-fi strategy CCG focusing on mech combat – will be heading to Steam Early Access this Wednesday, June 27.
The game features tactical elements not found in traditional TCGs or other online CCGs. UK developer Pegnio calls it a “strategic CCG” because players must carefully position their mechs in formation to counter the enemy. Cosmos Invictus offers customizable spaceships, unique pilots, and random events that can drastically alter the course of each battle.
As the captain of your very own spaceship, your goal is to help your faction win the war by attacking your opponent until their ship’s hit points reach zero. First, choose between two factions: the Gaia Unity, an Earth-wide alliance – or the High Frontier Alliance. Each faction boasts its own set of core ideals and unique cards – a combination of onboard weapons, mechs (the game’s battle units), and events/pilot cards that attach to already launched mechs and act as modifiers. Next, carefully select the best formation to plan your attacks. Determining when and where to strike (while providing yourself with adequate defense) is crucial if you intend to live another day
- Forge your destiny: Join one of two rival factions and fight to secure your vision for humanity.
- Assemble an epic arsenal: Acquire and choose from countless mechs, pilots, and spaceships to create killer Battledecks.
- Choose your battles: Duke it out in the PvP arena, complete mission-based battles against the computer, or fight in one-on-one duels.
- Enjoy high-quality artwork: From the cards to the menu select screen, the game features tons of hand-drawn art.
- Aim for the stars: Complete daily challenges to receive special rewards – such as cards and upgrades!
Cosmos Invictus will be available for FREE on Steam Early Access