UPDATE: According to Kotaku’s Jason Schreier, the leaks are false and the next Batman game is still at work over at WB Montreal.
Valerie Vezina from Warner Bros Montreal teased a new Batman game a few months ago through the clever use of the logo belonging to the Court of Owls. This led the internet to believe that the next Batman game would be developed by WB Montreal and would feature the infamous criminal organization who debuted through The New 52 story arc.
Yet, new information has surfaced leading us to believe that the next Batman game is in development over at Rocksteady and is planning a 2019 release. According to this Youtube channel and a QA tester has spoken about some of the details regarding the next game while having a discussion on a Discord server.
According to the source;
- This new game is titled Batman: Arkham Crisis and will pit Batman against the Court of Owls.
- The game will be released in October or November this year with a first look in March
- The game was codenamed – Knightfall: Redacted
- It will feature an open world map of size nearly double than GTA V,
- It will also have a 12-act story structure with each chapter roughly an hour long.
- A day-night cycle will be present
- Batwing will be a playable vehicle for transportation
- The game will feature co-op multiplayer gameplay
- Stealth will be difficult to master.
- Side missions will feature Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze, Black Mask, and Riddler and will include 31 complex challenges.
We are obliged to tell you to take this rumor with a grain of salt until proven to be true.
We will update the list as more information surfaces.