Koch Media today unveiled its new premium gaming label, Prime Matter. The Prime Matter label is dedicated to delivering brilliant immersive games from studios all across the world.
Due to the continual growth of Koch Media as the go-to global publishing service provider for developers big and small, the company decided to expand its label portfolio to meet the ever-growing demands and opportunities across an ever more diverse audience. The new label will be publishing a rich portfolio of new titles across a wide range of genres, as well as some established brands from the likes of Warhorse Studios.
Operating out of Koch Media’s headquarters in Munich, Prime Matter is a dynamic mix of seasoned industry veterans and enthusiastic fresh faces creating an incredible team of diverse, multi-cultured gaming experts.
Working in conjunction with Koch Media’s global publishing offices and development partners – and headed by Koch Media’s Mario Gerhold – Prime Matter will lead through creativity, expression and passion, with games that will grip and enchant with enthralling story-telling, winning over audiences with its incredible moments and larger-than-life experiences.
“Prime Matter is a new home for premium games, offering both current and future partners the expertise of the Koch Media Group alongside a new and dynamic team dedicated to maximizing their true potential,” said Koch Media’s CEO Klemens Kundratitz. “The core of the video games industry is, of course, entertainment. Prime Matter will constantly look to innovate and inspire players across all its activities while retaining the fundamental values of what makes our industry so special – it’s intrinsically fun.”
Today’s launch of Prime Matter ties in with the announcement of a number of new IPs and titles coming to the new label from a diverse and global range of studios. These include:
- PAYDAY 3 – By Starbreeze Studios (Sweden) – The latest upcoming installment in this high-octane first person co-op shooter game, set in a Hollywood-like environment, that lets players live out the fantasy of being a world-class career criminal who joins the legendary PAYDAY gang to master the art of heisting
- Crossfire: Legion – Smilegate and Prime Matter are teaming to up to release Canadian developer Blackbird Interactive’s RTS game, Crossfire: Legion. The world of Crossfire provides the perfect scenario and backdrop for an RTS thanks to its unique approach to futuristic global warfare and warring factions
- The Next Painkiller Game – The legendary Painkiller is back Keep your eyes open for more info coming soon
- (New IP) Scars Above – By Mad Head Games (Serbia) is a dark sci-fi action adventure that sees a lone protagonist having to survive on a hostile nightmare world
- (New IP) Codename Final Form (working title) – From Polish developers Reikon Games is an adrenaline fueled futuristic FPS with the player taking on the role of a cybernetic Valkyrie saving humanity from extinction
- Gungrave G.O.R.E. – A stylish third-person action shooter by South Korean Studio IGGYMOB that has you take on the role of Grave, a gunslinger of resurrection and badass anti-hero of your dreams, mowing down tons of enemies in a gory ballet of bullets
- (New IP) Dolmen – Developed by Massive Work Studio from Brazil, Dolmen is a terrifying new Action RPG that combines futuristic Sci-Fi and Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror
- (New IP) The Last Oricru – From the minds of developers GoldKnights (Czech Republic), comes The Last Oricru, a third-person action RPG taking place in a unique middle age setting, combined with sci-fi elements
- (New IP) Echoes Of The End (working title) – Developed by Icelandic studio Myrkur Games – a story-driven single-player action adventure in a unique fantasy world, following the story of Ryn who is in search of her real purpose.
- (New IP) Encased – From Russian developer Dark Crystal Games, Encased is a classic RPG where the player is on a mission to discover the secrets hidden underneath a mysterious dome.
- Officially coming to Nintendo Switch: Kingdom Come Deliverance by Warhorse Studios in collaboration with Saber Interactive
- Kings Bounty 2 – Developed by 1C Entertainment (Russia), King’s Bounty II is the RPG successor of the well-known franchise which defined RPG strategy, coming August 24, 2021 for PC and console
In addition, a number of legacy games from studios that already work with Koch Media will be published on the new label. These will include Warhorse Studios’ next game; Nine Dots Studio’s Outward coming for next-gen; as well as Taleworlds’ Mount and Blade II: Bannerlords, also coming to consoles. Info on legacy titles can be accessed here https://presse.kochmedia.com/
“Games originate from the minds and hearts of the developers. Prime Matter is focused on maximizing this potential from the studios while empowering their dream or vision. One of our core values is to enable and support the studios, giving them the chance and freedom to express themselves within their game as they deserve,” said Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director (Games) Koch Media Group. “Some of the most treasured IPs in our industry started off with crowd-funding or as side projects which the developers truly believed in… history has proved that inspiration and talent is not defined by stereotypes.”
The Koch Media Group is now running five publishing labels as follows: Prime Matter, HQ Munich (Germany), Deep Silver, HQ Reading (England), Milestone, HQ Milan (Italy), Vertigo, HQ Rotterdam, (Netherlands), and Ravenscourt, HQ Munich (Germany).
“Over the past 25 years of success, we have seen Koch Media grow significantly,” said Klemens Kundratitz. “From ambitious indies taking their first step who need that full development and publishing support without compromising their dream, to the big studios that required our well established global distribution and publishing network, the more opportunities we created the more it made sense to add an additional string to our bow.”