Ironwood Studios is happy to showcase today the first bit of in-depth gameplay for their debut title, Pacific Drive, and have also shared that players will be able to go on this mysterious adventure on PlayStation 5, Steam, and the Epic Games Store later this year.
On top of today’s exciting new trailer, the team have shared even more details on the gameplay of Pacific Drive over on the PlayStation Blog.
Pacific Drive was first revealed during PlayStation’s latest State of Play in 2022. Ironwood Studios was formed in 2019 and collects industry talent from studios like Sucker Punch Productions, Insomniac Games, Irrational, Klei, 343, Bungie, Activision and Oculus.
About Pacific Drive
Pacific Drive is a run-based first-person driving survival game. As a true road-like, your car is your only companion. Based out of an abandoned garage, you’ll be repairing, upgrading, and outfitting it to stay safe from all the dangers that surround you each excursion into the Zone. Together, the two of you will drive deep into the surreal woods of the Pacific Northwest, chase long forgotten mysteries, and encounter strange and dangerous anomalies all as you make your way to the heart of the Olympic Exclusion Zone.
- First person, run-based driving survival gameplay
- Form a unique bond with a fully customizable car that develops its own quirks and personality
- Tense driving from behind the wheel, with moments of vulnerability when you step out to gather resources and make repairs
- From your upgradeable garage, each repeatable trip into the Zone is unique and randomized
- Systems driven gameplay that allows for player freedom, creativity, and experimentation
- Unravel a long-forgotten mystery of the Olympic Exclusion Zone as you explore a surreal and anomaly filled version of the Pacific Northwest
- Original score by Wilbert Roget, II, as well as a licensed soundtrack featuring local Pacific Northwest bands