Today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long interconnected adventure begins as ZeniMax Online Studios officially releases the latest DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online: Harrowstorm onto consoles.
The DLC will set up the events of the upcoming Greymoor Chapter and features two challenging new dungeons, Unhallowed Grave and Icereach, as well as free performance improvements as part of base game Update 25.
Watch Harrowstorm Developer Preview video below:
Harrowstorm dungeon DLC: Unhallowed Grave and Icereach
- In Unhallowed Grave, raiders and grave robbers have forced their way into an ancient burial site in Bangkorai seeking an ancient power that has remained imprisoned for centuries. Players must enter a long-forgotten tomb, uncover the reasons for the crypt’s invasion, and put a stop to the invader’s plans before it is too late. More details are on our preview blog.
- Skyrim’s northern coast is beset by a terrible, supernatural storm whose origin appears to be the island home of a powerful coven of witches. Players travel to Icereach to confront the witches and stop their deadly ritual before it brings ruin upon all of Skyrim. More details are on our preview blog.
- Update 25: Improvements (free base-game update)
- Performance fixes for all ESO players that improve load times, frame rates, and more. This is only the first step in improving framerate for all ESO players!
- This update also implements a massive patching overhaul for the ESO game client, changing the way the game is downloaded, patched, and stored. This change dramatically reduces the amount of space ESO takes up on a player’s hard drive. ALL ESO players will have to re-download the game client upon the launch of Update 25. Players will receive a free Crimson Torchbug pet for reinstalling ESO!
- More info on performance improvements and a roadmap is available here: https://www.
Harrowstorm is only the beginning of the Dark Heart of Skyrim yearlong adventure. Coming in May for PC/Mac and June for consoles is ESO’s Greymoor Chapter. Greymoor brings players to Western Skyrim, the frozen homeland of the Nords, and the long-forgotten Blackreach cavern—expanded from what players originally explored in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim—to fight sinister monsters while unlocking the secret of the Dark Heart of Skyrim. More details on Greymoor are on the preview blog.